Q: My truck turns over but stops turning over by itself and won't start back up.

I had a bad water pump and I still drove my truck with the water pump bad keeping water in it.... I got a water pump and new alternator and a new battery and also I can hear my fuel pump... So now when I go to start it. It turns over and stops turning over by itself and won't start. Please help me

Hi there. Sounds like you have a starter motor that is failing. When the starter relay gets hot, it will overload the ignition circuit and shut off when cranking. Check the battery cables to the solenoid on the starter and make sure that they are tight and clean. Check the remote wires on the solenoid and see if they are tight and clean. If the wires are tight and clean, then I suggest replacing the starter motor in your vehicle. If you need further assistance with troubleshooting your no start situation, then seek out a professional, such as one from Your Mechanic, to help you.

3. My truck turns over but stops turning over by itself and won't start back up.