Q: My truck starts even when I turn the key back.

I have 98 Ranger 3.0. My starter continues to be to be engaged when it's in park and when I put it in neutral I hear a screeching noise and then once I get out of that put it into drive it seem to stop I put a new starter in it because the other one burned up I'm thinking because it's starter continues to run solenoid burnt and then I can turn my key backwards and it starts and also forward not all the way just to the first setting and it starts I put a new starter switch and ignition switch thinking it was that it's still doing it I sure could use some help

From what you’ve described, the issue with your 1998 Ford Ranger may require you to replace the starter interrupt relay in the engine compartment’s fuse box. It may be sticking and keeping the starter engaged.

I’d suggest getting this looked at by a certified technician, such as one from YourMechanic, to diagnose your starting issue firsthand.

3. My truck starts even when I turn the key back.