Q: Hello, I have 2007 Toyota Prius 135000, I have had it since 67000, do I need to replace water pump? Serpentine belt? maintenance?

Hello, I have a 2007 Toyota Prius. I had my oil changed at Midas and the mechanic said serpentine belt has cracks on it. Car has 135000 miles on it, I have had it since 67000 miles. I guess it is good idea to replace the water pump along with the serpentine belt? What would you recommend me to do? Should I replace water pump as well or just serpentine belt? Do I need any other maintenance beside water pump with these mileage?Timing belt? Spark plugs? Thermostat?

Hello. If your vehicle just needs the serpentine belt then that needs to be replaced. There is no reason to replace the water pump if it is not leaking or making noise. You could have it changed as maintenance, but there really is not reason to do so. As for the other items, with this many miles I would have the vehicle tuned up and also change any fluids that have not been changed. You should have these items replaced by a certified mechanic, like one from YourMechanic, as they can come to you to [replace your belt and do the maintenance on the vehicle] https://www.yourmechanic.com/services/serpentine-drive-belt-replacement

3. Hello, I have 2007 Toyota Prius 135000, I have had it since 67000, do I need to replace water pump? Serpentine belt? maintenance?