Q: My truck needs new spark plugs way too soon

Why does my truck need new spark plugs at less than 100,000 miles?

A: Vehicles are not supposed to need spark plu...

Vehicles are not supposed to need spark plugs until around 100,000 miles. If one or more of your spark plugs has gone bad prior to this, it would be due to a manufacturer defect in the spark plugs. It may be possible that your spark plugs are still under warranty from the manufacturer. If not that would be quite unfortunate because spark plugs can sometimes last over 100,000 miles.

For the record, even if only one or two spark plugs has a defect, it would still be a good idea to go ahead and replace them all. If your vehicle has spark plug wires, those should be replaced as well. Also be sure that a spark plug replacement is performed by a qualified technician due to the fact that the spark plugs can break off inside the cylinder head on these trucks if you are not careful.