Exception in rendering!

Message: window is not defined

ReferenceError: window is not defined
    at new c (/tmp/execjs20161208-101713-zzlztojs:136:3912)
    at m.mountComponent (/tmp/execjs20161208-101713-zzlztojs:47:15602)
    at /tmp/execjs20161208-101713-zzlztojs:49:31860
    at a.r.perform (/tmp/execjs20161208-101713-zzlztojs:47:12503)
    at Object.a [as renderToString] (/tmp/execjs20161208-101713-zzlztojs:49:31821)
    at r (/tmp/execjs20161208-101713-zzlztojs:50:21164)
    at Object.S.ReactOnRails.serverRenderReactComponent (/tmp/execjs20161208-101713-zzlztojs:32:6073)
    at eval (eval at <anonymous> (/tmp/execjs20161208-101713-zzlztojs:173:8), <anonymous>:10:23)
    at eval (eval at <anonymous> (/tmp/execjs20161208-101713-zzlztojs:173:8), <anonymous>:17:3)
    at /tmp/execjs20161208-101713-zzlztojs:173:8

Q: My transmision won't go into reverse, or D, and it doesn´t have neutral.

There was recently a flood in my town. My tranny started failing after that. I immediately thought of water in my tran, so the next day I changed the ATF twice, which didn't solve the problem at all. The faults it shows are: I can start engine normally, when I put it in reverse, it sounds as if it's in, but it won´t move. Same thing happens when I put it in D. I tried to push the car in Neutral but the wheels are locked. The only way I can make it move is by selecting the manual mode of changing gears and selecting 2nd gear, but as soon as it downshifts to 1st gear the wheels lock, same happens when I try to shift into 3rd gear. I don't known what happens in 4th gear, I know it sounds serious, but I have one last hope of a "simple" solution before having my transmission rebuilt, which is very expensive since parts are not very available where I live. I was wondering if the problem ould have anything to do with the gear shift position sensor, which also got wet. The ATF came browish.

A: From what you describe it would appear th...

Hello.

From what you describe it would appear that your transmission may have a serious issue. There are shift solenoids and pressure switches that can cause issues with shifting, however the symptoms you describe, along with the brown fluid, may indicate there may be an internal issue with the transmission.

I would recommend having a transmission specialist look at the vehicle to see if they can perhaps provide a more conclusive diagnosis. If you'd like a second opinion on this, consider YourMechanic, as one of our mobile technicians can come to your home and diagnose your shifting issue firsthand.