Q: My Toyota Sienawas driving fine on the highway on 50mph but then it began slowing down. I checked and theres no transmission fluid

Yesterday I was driving and the van was making a weird noise. Today I was driving on the highway on 50mph when it began slowing down. It drive down to 10mph. Then it fully stopped. I turned it off and then on again and when I put the gear on drive, it wouldn't drive. But then a bit later it drove. I dragged it to a gas station to check the fluids and there are no transmission fluids in it. I recently had a transmission flush as well.

My car's transmission is unknown to me.

Hi Mariam. Thanks for contacting us tonight. It would be very difficult to speculate as to what’s causing these issues, but the lack of transmission fluid has likely caused rather serious damage and possibly the source of your issue. It is possible that the ECU has detected a fault with the transmission and placed the vehicle in limp mode, which can cause these symptoms. It’s also possible that a shift solenoid is damaged. This is probably something that should be inspected by a transmission specialist, but if you’d like to have one of our mobile mechanics come to your location to attempt to determine what is causing this problem, please set up an onsite inspection.

3. My Toyota Sienawas driving fine on the highway on 50mph but then it began slowing down. I checked and theres no transmission fluid