Q: My timing belt snapped about a year ago , car been sitting for about a year , just recently got the motivation to change the belt

Cars been sitting for about a year after the timing belt snapped in half. I just recently got the motivation to change the belt , water pump , and pulleys , I could have sworn everything was timed and aligned correctly but I tried starting it and it will crank but it won't start. Even backfires a couple times, I don't feel like pulling everything apart again to re time it .. But could that be the issue of it not starting ? I have a picture of the marks on the camshaft after trying to start it a couple times not sure if it's a tdc at the crank at this point. Please help

Having the timing belt off by one tooth is enough to cause problems. I suggest having a certified technician, like one from YourMechanic, determine the exact cause of your starting issue and to make sure that you have no further engine damage.

3. My timing belt snapped about a year ago , car been sitting for about a year , just recently got the motivation to change the belt