Q: My timing belt snapped about a year ago , car been sitting for about a year , just recently got the motivation to change the belt

Cars been sitting for about a year after the timing belt snapped in half. I just recently got the motivation to change the belt , water pump , and pulleys , I could have sworn everything was timed and aligned correctly but I tried starting it and it will crank but it won't start. Even backfires a couple times, I don't feel like pulling everything apart again to re time it .. But could that be the issue of it not starting ? I have a picture of the marks on the camshaft after trying to start it a couple times not sure if it's a tdc at the crank at this point. Please help

Having the timing belt off by one tooth is enough to cause problems. I suggest having a certified technician, like one from YourMechanic, determine the exact cause of your starting issue and to make sure that you have no further engine damage.

• My timing belt snapped about a year ago , car been sitting for about a year , just recently got the motivation to change the belt