Q: Q: My speedometer is not working.

When I got my car earlier this year I knew it had a few problems. My speedometer was working but it would read about 10 to 15 miles off. Then it started to not work sometimes. If I hit a bump in the road then it would start to work again. Now it wont work at all. No movement whatsoever. Its been motionless for about a month.

Hello, thanks for writing in about your Toyota Corolla. The speedometer head failure is common in the Corolla. If the speedometer itself is not available, the entire instrument cluster must be replaced to fix this issue. If you’d like a second opinion on this or would like to get it fixed, consider YourMechanic, as a certified technician will be able to diagnose the issue with your speedometer firsthand for an accurate repair.

3. Q: My speedometer is not working.