Q: My shifter gets stuck in park for a bit before releasing

When it's cold outside my shifter lever does not unlock from park. After a couple minutes and or a constant attempt to push lever in it finally works normally. It doesn't ever do this when it's hot outside. Also I changed my shift indicator light but it still doesn't work.

Hi there. The shift lever sticking cold may be the result of a faulty brake light switch not providing power to the shift interlock solenoid. The shift interlock solenoid could also be sticking cold. The inoperative shift indicator light will require circuit testing. Diagnoses need to be performed for both concerns. Replacing components without diagnoses, could be expensive and time consuming without resolution. I recommend having your vehicle’s sticks in park cold be diagnosed and repaired by a certified technician, such as one from YourMechanic.

3. My shifter gets stuck in park for a bit before releasing