Q: My rear piston will not compress on my 2014 Ford Focus titanium

I am replacing my rear brakes my the piston will turn but not compress.

The rear calipers does not just screw in but requires to be pressed in at the same time it is being turned. If it still does not go in then you need to replace the caliper.

Open the cap to the brake master cylinder. If the cap is on as you try to retract the caliper, the trapped air represents a resistance. If that does not resolve the problem, there is either residual pressure in the line or a fault with the piston and/or the bore. You can try opening the bleeder screw at the caliper if there is suspicion of pressure in the line but keep in mind, once you open the bleeder screw, that might introduce air in the line which will then have to be bled out. You can request service using YourMechanic’s brake pad removal and install service page. If you request that service, the responding certified mechanic will get this diagnosed and resolved, right at your location. If you have further questions or concerns, do not hesitate to re-contact YourMechanic because we want you to make the most of your repair dollars and help you to get the best possible

3. My rear piston will not compress on my 2014 Ford Focus titanium