Q: My mom has a 2006 Chrysler PT Cruiser. It started but when put into reverse or forward it dies. What is going on?

Car starts but when put in gear it dies.

You should check the transmission to see if fluid is low first since the problem is in the transmission. If fluid is full then you will need to have the transmission checked for stuck overdrive solenoid or leaking internally on valve body causing two gears to engage at same time. Either way the transmission is cause.

3. My mom has a 2006 Chrysler PT Cruiser. It started but when put into reverse or forward it dies. What is going on?