Q: My Mercury Mountaineer 2003 will not start.

I recently changed the spark plugs on my truck. Everything worked fine except for a shaking that the truck would do I went back and checked the spark plugs everything looked good. During the process I turned my truck on with one of the sensors unplugged. Now my truck has the check engine light on and will not start. I examined the codes that it gave me. They were P0102, C1440, and B1676. Are these sensors? If so are they what's causing my truck not to start?

Hello, thank you for writing in. What sensor was unplugged when you started the vehicle? You will want to consider this sensor and the different systems that it may provide information to. Without that information the computer may have shut down the vehicle on purpose, or the engine may not have been able to run without it. The B1676 code is likely related to the battery power. It will trigger when the battery is not supplying power, or the ABS is having issues with its power supply. The C1440 code stands for a safety switch that relates to the ABS. This switch should not prevent the vehicle from starting but may be triggering as a result of the cause of the B1676 code. With that said, the issue may be fuse or sensor related. At this point either further electrical testing needs to be done, or the vehicle needs to be inspected by a technician. For more help diagnosing the issue, contact our service department to schedule an appointment.

3. My Mercury Mountaineer 2003 will not start.