Q: My keyless entry remote only works when vehicle is on... (Vehicle was stolen and recovered)

My keyless entry only works when the vehicle is on. When its off it does not lock or unlock doors. It it a 2002 dodge ram 1500 pickup. 2WD 4.7 V8. Vehicle was previously stolen, not sure if that matters at all.

It sounds like there may be an issue with the module that recieves a signal from your key fob. This module should be working even if the engine is not running. It is very likely that the security system was tampered with when the vehicle was stolen. This may result in a more difficult diagnosis of the problem. I would recommend having your door lock module tested for proper function and replaced if necessary to resolve this issue.

3. My keyless entry remote only works when vehicle is on... (Vehicle was stolen and recovered)