Q: My headlights are turned on as soon as I switch on the engine.

My headlights switch on as soon as I switch on the engine even when I try to change the switch position to off nothing seems to change. Even when I put the switch position to auto it still doesn't change. However, when I do turn the car off the lights do go off. Could the problem be with the switch or could it be a problem with the electrical wiring? This car has no daylight running lights.

Hi there. The headlight switch may have fused the contacts inside the switch to the on position making the lights come on all the time. Try turning the ignition switch to the auxiliary position and see if the lights still come on or shut off. If the lights are still on, then I recommend replacing the headlight switch. If the lights go out, then there is a short between the ignition switch and the headlight switch. If you need further assistance with your headlights not shutting off, then seek out a professional, such as one from Your Mechanic, to help you.