Q: My fuel is evaporating out of my car and my car is only letting me fill it up 1/3 of the way

I just replaced the gas cap so I'm hoping its that for the evaporation part but my gas isn't feeling up all the way but I know my gas gauge is messed up so could it be that I have no clue

Hi there:

In most cases, the situation you’re describing is related to a problem with the EVAP system; such as an EVAP canister purge solenoid or vent solenoid that is damaged. If either of these two components are faulty or damaged, a professional mobile mechanic can complete a check engine light inspection; so they can download error codes that might help to diagnose the precise issue you’re having.

3. My fuel is evaporating out of my car and my car is only letting me fill it up 1/3 of the way