Q: My fuel is evaporating out of my car and my car is only letting me fill it up 1/3 of the way

I just replaced the gas cap so I'm hoping its that for the evaporation part but my gas isn't feeling up all the way but I know my gas gauge is messed up so could it be that I have no clue

A: Hi there: In most cases, the situation you...

Hi there:

In most cases, the situation you're describing is related to a problem with the EVAP system; such as an EVAP canister purge solenoid or vent solenoid that is damaged. If either of these two components are faulty or damaged, a professional mobile mechanic can complete a check engine light inspection; so they can download error codes that might help to diagnose the precise issue you're having.