Q: My engine light wont go off after filling my oil up as was empty.

Was driving when i started smelling a burning smell. Then my engine light came on and the car started feeling a bit rough. Realised i had barely any oil. Filled it up thinking that would be it but the engine light still wont go off and the car still drives a but rough to me.

Hello there. In most cases, when your engine is extremely low on oil, internal engine components will begin to heat up and eventually create metal-to-metal contact. This can cause serious engine damage. If damage has occurred inside the motor, adding oil unfortunately is not going to fix the damage. You might want to have a professional mechanic come to your location and complete a check engine light inspection to start; so they can identify what is causing the light to illuminate. Hopefully internal engine damage has not occurred.

3. My engine light wont go off after filling my oil up as was empty.