Q: My engine and exhaust are pulsing when my car is at idle.

asked by on December 01, 2017

I replaced the carburetor with a Weber conversion kit and after I did that it started idling rough. The engine and exhaust are pulsing. The air coming from the exhaust is choppy. What could be causing this?

Without knowing the exact setup done with the new carburetors I would suspect there is a carburetor setup issue and may need adjustments to the idle jets sizes since it may be running too lean or too rich at idle. An exhaust gas analysis would be needed to see if the carburetor needs different idle jets or just adjusting.