Q: My dodge intrepid battery light was on but it drove fine to work but on the way home it wouldnt start. Got a jump start and it sta

I just had a friend put an alternator in my car eighty before this happened. And she had to take the radiator off to do it and i think water leaked onto my drivers side floor board cuz there was about 2 or more inches of water and Windows were up so it wasn't rain!! Could the water of shorted some electrical wires maybe???

Hi there:

Typically, removing the radiator will not cause water to leak inside the drivers compartment of a 2000 Dodge Intrepid. It’s possible however, that a coolant line attached to the heater core may have overflowed or spilled into your car. But to answer your question; yes; it is possible for water damage on the interior of the vehicle to cause electrical problems that will impact the vehicle’s ability to start and run correctly. You should have a different mobile mechanic complete an electrical problems inspection at your location to determine what might be going on with your Dodge.

3. My dodge intrepid battery light was on but it drove fine to work but on the way home it wouldnt start. Got a jump start and it sta