Q: My dodge intrepid battery light was on but it drove fine to work but on the way home it wouldnt start. Got a jump start and it sta

I just had a friend put an alternator in my car eighty before this happened. And she had to take the radiator off to do it and i think water leaked onto my drivers side floor board cuz there was about 2 or more inches of water and Windows were up so it wasn't rain!! Could the water of shorted some electrical wires maybe???

Hi there:

Typically, removing the radiator will not cause water to leak inside the drivers compartment of a 2000 Dodge Intrepid. It’s possible however, that a coolant line attached to the heater core may have overflowed or spilled into your car. But to answer your question; yes; it is possible for water damage on the interior of the vehicle to cause electrical problems that will impact the vehicle’s ability to start and run correctly. You should have a different mobile mechanic complete an electrical problems inspection at your location to determine what might be going on with your Dodge.

• My dodge intrepid battery light was on but it drove fine to work but on the way home it wouldnt start. Got a jump start and it sta