Q: My cranks but won't start

How would I know if it's my security system that's keep the car from starting? Or how would I know if it's my sensors?

A: If it is the security system then the dash ...

If it is the security system then the dash security light will be on or flashing. If it was a sensor, then the Check Engine Light will be on and the engine computer will have set a code. You should have the computer scanned to see if you have codes to the crank or cam sensors. If there is no codes then have the system no start diagnosed by a mechanic at your location to see if the ignition or the fuel system is at fault. For further help troubleshooting this problem, have a certified technician from YourMechanic come to your location to diagnose and repair the starting problem.