Q: My cooling fans and electronic climate control wont turn on...

I used a tester to see if the fans and heater would turn on, and the they did. Is it that my ECC controls the fans as well? Or is it just one problem thats affecting these things?

Thanks in advance.

Hello. The ECC unit will be one way to control the fans. There are other ways the computer does this as well. If the climate control is not responding to the switch, then there is either an issue with the switch, the module, or the wiring between them. There may be a bad connection somewhere, and it would be wise to start with an all over visual inspection of the system. You may be able to pick up a code from the computer by doing a diagnostic scan on the vehicle. This may give you more insight if the module is the problem. If the scan comes back negative, you will want to test the output voltage from the module when it should be supplying the fans power. If the module is not receiving power, then you should look into the switch. If the module is receiving power, and the fan is not receiving that power, you know the module has gone bad. To definitively figure out what the issue is, you will need to do some further testing.