Q: My car will turn on and start but then I drive for about 5 seconds it just shuts off. All the lights work. Battery is good.

My car will turn on and start but as soon as I drive for about 5 seconds it will shut off. The lights will still be on and everything. The fuel and oils are good. The battery is still good. This happen the other day and then started working great again until tonight now it keeps doing it.

Hi there. Typically when the engine starts then dies, it is due to a restriction of fuel or the inability of the fuel injection system to properly mix the right ratio of fuel to air inside the combustion chamber. This can be caused due to a malfunction of the mass air flow sensor, dirty or clogged fuel injectors, dirty or damaged EGR valve or other fuel system components. It is probably a better idea to have a professional mobile mechanic complete a car starts then dies inspection so they can isolate the root source of this problem and recommend or complete the right repairs.

3. My car will turn on and start but then I drive for about 5 seconds it just shuts off. All the lights work. Battery is good.