Q: my car was previously lowered when i bought it about 3 inches..and now my rear tires are wearing.

can i lift my bmw back up to the original height with OEM bmw coil springs just in the rear..or will i have to do the front and back since only the rear tires are wearing out.

Lowering a car is a popular modification that when done improperly can lead to all kinds of problems. I strongly recommend putting it back to stock height. Reinstalling the factory springs should do the trick. if your tires are not wearing unevenly in the front, then the shop that lowered the car must have put in some hardware to compensate for the change in ride height. This will have to be removed, and the car will have to be re-aligned. There may or may not be similar hardware on the rear that will require some changes. By contacting Your Mechanic, you can have a technician come out to your home or office and check the suspension on your BMW and give you some idea of how much work it’s going to take to get the car back up off the ground.

3. my car was previously lowered when i bought it about 3 inches..and now my rear tires are wearing.