Q: My car turns off when turning or braking - 2011 Chevrolet Uplander

No check engine light on, codes PO011 and PO016 but not hard codes and turns off while driving specially when turning or braking. Check oil condition and it hardly had any oil. Did an oil change already and replace filter as well..

Hi there - the P0011 and P0016 problem codes reflect worn camshaft timing chain components (stretched timing chain, worn camshaft actuators and tensioner, timing guides, etc). This is not unusual in an engine with your mileage. The camshaft timing actuators are operated by oil pressure as well, so your "low oil level" episode may have made you more susceptible to the problem codes which were set. I would recommend a thorough inspection of the engine given the symptoms you are experiencing. A mobile, professional mechanic, such as one from YourMechanic, will come to your location, diagnose this problem, give you an accurate assessment of damage and cost estimate for repairs.

3. My car turns off when turning or braking - 2011 Chevrolet Uplander