Q: My car starts to run hot if I cannot maintain a consistent speed where air is moving across the engine.

My car has started to run hot when I cannot maintain a consistent speed where air is moving across the engine. This is especially true in the current hot weather. If I am on the highway and moving I am fine, the temp stays in the normal range but if I get into a situation where I am stopped in traffic or at a red light and no air is moving across the engine, the temperature gauge starts to creep up towards hot. If I turn my A/C off, that helps right away or if I start going again and get air movement the temp comes back down. What is causing this? Is my thermostat going bad? How much does that cost to fix?

3. My car starts to run hot if I cannot maintain a consistent speed where air is moving across the engine.