Q: My car starts and dies out and after that it only idle

My Mercedes Benz A60 class start and dies out in the morning normally at temperature below 30 degrees . When it does that it will only idle and never start again. When l turn the key after it dies it produces a sound like when you are biting a wood. After an hour and when temperature picks it then starts.

Now even if the temperature is so high sometimes it just starts and dies out.

What might be the problem

When you start your car in the morning and turn the key to on, the coolant temperature sensor immediately reads the temperature of the coolant and relays this to the computer indicating that the coolant is cold. The computer then knows at this point that it needs to enrich (add more fuel) the air/fuel mixture at startup due to the change in air density. When you start the car, you will notice that it idles high for a period of time until the engine warms up. This is the enrichment cold start process. This is done with what is called a cold start injector which injects more fuel into the motor until the engine reaches a specific operating temperature. The computer simply feeds a little extra gas through the fuel injectors to start the engine and then maintains a certain amount of fuel supply to the motor until it is warm. I would recommend having an expert from YourMechanic come to your location to take a look at your vehicle and diagnose your cold start issue.

3. My car starts and dies out and after that it only idle