Q: my car runs great but a light came our saying "check engine soon" but also recently i distracted myself for a moment ,went off roa

my car runs good but a light came out saying "check engine soon" and i dont know what it would mean by that and also ,recently i distracted myself for a moment ,went off road and when i got back on the road again it wouldn't accelerate like i would step on it and it would just make the sound as increasing speed but it wouldn't move foward until i turned it off and turned it back on it went back to working. and last thing its a v6 and wastes gas so quickly i fill it up and i run out in about 3-4 days and i only use it for work which is 15 min away 5 days. i would really appreciate it if you can help me out and find the problem.thanks

3. my car runs great but a light came our saying "check engine soon" but also recently i distracted myself for a moment ,went off roa