Q: Windshield wipers stopped working. They'll suddenly stop working then suddenly start working again. Has been happening for a week.

I was driving to school a week ago and my windshield wipers were working. I turned them off then about 5 min later went to turn them on and nothing happened. They continued not to work the rest of the way to school ( about 20 min) I spent the day at school and when I came out to my truck that night they worked again! They have been acting up like this for the rest of the week. Last night they were working then suddenly just stopped. Then about 10 min later then randomly did two wipes then stopped again and now I can't get them working at all. Any idea what it could be? Thankyou!

The problem you are describing likely stems from an intermittent electrical fault in the wiper circuit. The windshield wiper system uses a small electric motor to move the wiper arms that you see on the windshield. That electric motor is controlled through a switch, relay, fuse, and wiring. One, or more, of those electrical components has failed although it is also possible that the mechanical arms are binding (seized, if the lubricant has dried out) thus causing the electric circuit to the motor to overload. Regardless of the underlying fault, if you request a non functioning wiper diagnostic/repair, the responding certified mechanic will get this taken care of for you. If you have further questions or concerns, do not hesitate to re-contact YourMechanic as we are always here to help you.

3. Windshield wipers stopped working. They'll suddenly stop working then suddenly start working again. Has been happening for a week.