Q: Q: My car only goes in reverse

Driving down the road, stopped at a traffic light. Light turned green I pressed on the gas pedal and car does not move. Made no noises, did not jerk just would not move.

Hello there, many faults will cause your 2010 Chevrolet Malibu to not be able to move forward. The most common faults are low transmission fluid, transmission leak, shift solenoid, shift linkage, or the torque converter. A qualified technician, such as one from YourMechanic, will be able to diagnose your car’s acceleration problem and perform any repairs required.

3. Q: My car only goes in reverse