Q: My car likes to swerve out of nowhere. I have good tires and they have air. What could be wrong with my car? It's a Dodge Caliber

My car likes to swerve out of no where. I have a Dodge Caliber. My tires are good and full of air. I will be driving and all of a sudden it will jerk to one side.

Hi there. Your description of your vehicle swerving out of nowhere is an indication that something in the front end is loose. It could be worn ball joints. Worn ball joints will cause the vehicle to track/veer with any rut or groove in the road your vehicle encounters.

It could be worn/loose control arm bushings. Worn/loose control arm bushings could affect the direction of the vehicle at any point and time. Some steering linkage related should result in excessive steering wheel play.

It may also be worn/loose rack and pinion bushings. Worn/loose rack and pinion bushings could affect the direction of the vehicle with any movement steering.

Finally, it could be something related to the rear suspension causing your vehicle to swerve.

It would be advisable to not continuing driving your vehicle until repairs are performed. Something could be on the verge of breaking and your safety is priority one.

My recommendation is to have a certified technician come to your car’s location to inspect the swerving problem so that it can be diagnosed and corrected promptly.

3. My car likes to swerve out of nowhere. I have good tires and they have air. What could be wrong with my car? It's a Dodge Caliber