Q: My car keys got missing.

My keys was recovered after it fell inside the elevator hatch but my car key was tampered with. The plastic guard covering the lock and unlock button was intact but the buttons was gone including the key itself. Possible it was deliberate and can the keys be relpaced or that particular key be disabled?

Hello, thank you for writing in. The key that has been damaged to this extent will likely never function for the vehicle again. They do not replace the metal key in the fob. The manufacture will have to replace the key for you at a dealership or authorized service department. They will want verification that the vehicle is yours, and likely charge you a few hundred dollars. With this in mind, check with your insurance and make sure it is not covered under your policy. Once the dealership has what they need, they will program the key to your vehicle. You should drive our like new. For more help with this or any other issues in the future, contact us or our service department.

3. My car keys got missing.