Q: My car it's overheating when i open theradiator cap it's empty andReservoir overfilling heater blows cold air after awhilegetswarm

asked by on February 01, 2018

My car it's overheating when i open the radiator cap it's empty only air, i fill it but looks like the water goes to the reservoir then out the reservoir it's full it doesn't get empty , the heater blows cold air after a while gets warm , i replaced ths radiator cap and radiator, thermostat, heater core . There is no water in the oil , also no oli in the water, everything looks good .

If you do not have an external leak anywhere you can find and keep getting low on coolant then you have a blown head gasket and may need major engine repair for head gaskets and possible head damage. Have a coolant pressure test to find the leak and then a repair to fix the problem can be done.

Experienced Mechanic?

Earn up to $65/hr