Q: My car isn't starting up after it overheated.

sent my car in a week ago, the axle was replaced, power steering pump was as well the tie rod end, received a wheel alignment also. The mechanic test drove the car stating everything is fine but the fan may have a bad sensor (fan was previously fixed), he advise me to have a look at the temperature and to contact him if it goes up but that shouldn't happen. 30 minutes into driving and a distance away, my car starts to rise in temperature in time for me to reach my destination. I figured "I'll let it cool down and add some coolant if anything" 4-5 hours pass after work, I walk to go and buy a gallon of coolant just to return to my car and unable to open my hood. The lever seemed broken and no other way to open it up, I took a chance and drove home. Bad decision, 20minutes into the drive almost home my oil light came on then off, my car became unresponsive (driving at 40 not accelerating but was doing 60 before didn't notice the drop until I started hearing a rattling sound) the gauge

Based on your story it sounds like your engine may have suffered some serious damage after overheating. The engine in your vehicle is well known for having the head gasket leak after overheating. When the head gasket leaks it is possible for coolant to leak into the oil. When coolant contaminates the oil it looses its lubrication capabilities. With improper lubrication, the bearing in the engine will quickly be damaged and cause the knocking sound you’re describing, along with the lose of power. If this is the case the engine will need to be rebuilt or replaced. Have a certified mechanic inspect the vehicle to accurately diagnose why your car overheated in the first place and make the necessary fixes to get you going again.