Q: My car is shifting badly and making a noise

My car is difficultj to get into first and second gear sometimes and will pop our of second gear. it also popped out of 5th gear today when i slowed down. i have noticed if the rmps r higher when i shift it goes right into gear. it is also making a humming, whining noise sometimes. I have replaced the clutch and throw out bearing, and this is still happening

Hi Danielle. Thanks for contacting us tonight. The most common reason a manual transmission would jump out of gear is due to low or contaminated fluid, worn synchronizers inside the transmission, or improperly adjusted shift linkage. It’s also possible that the transmission mount has excessive wear because bad mounts have been also been verified as a cause of these type of issues. SInce there are multiple possibilities, it’s probably best to take your Toyota to a transmission specialist to be diagnosed.

3. My car is shifting badly and making a noise