Q: My car is idling high and the brakes are stiff.

Okay the other day I took my throttle body/carb off of my motor to clean it. Afterwards I hooked all the hoses and plugs back up exactly how they were and now my car wants to idle around 2000 rpms and after I put it in gear to see if it would drop the brakes got stuff and haven't dropped yet. Could you please help with this?

Follow the hose from your brake booster to where it hooks up to the throttle body air intake and look for it being loose or having a hose leak. This will fix the problem.

If you need some assistance, a qualified technician from YourMechanic can come to your home or office to inspect your high idle condition and recommend the best path to repair.

3. My car is idling high and the brakes are stiff.