Q: MY CAR HESITATES WHILE DRIVING & TAKES AWHILE TO SPEED UP

MY CHECK ENGINE LIGHT CAME ON AND COMPUTER READ OUT SAID "MISFIRE IN CYLINDER #1 DETECTED" AND SAID I NEEDED NEW IGNITION COIL. I INSTALLED 4 NEW IGNITION COILS. WEEK LATER - I INSTALLED 4 NEW SPARK PLUGS. RIGHT AFTER THAT - I NOTICED MY CAR WAS RUNNING A LITTLE ROUGH. TOOK CAR BACK IN TO GET ANOTHER READING AND IT READ THE SAME AS BEFORE. A DAY LATER - MY CAR WENT INTO A REALLY WEIRD HESITATION PROBLEM WHILE DRIVING. CHECK ENGINE LIGHT STARTED BLINKING - MY RPM GAUGE WENT CRAZY - MOVING UP AND DOWN (THE NEEDLE) - THEN IT LETS ME SPEED UP AND ITS OK. CHECKED ALL PLUGS & THEY ARE GOOD. ALL 4 IGNITION COILS SPARKED. TOOK IT IN AGAIN FOR ANOTHER READING - IT SAYS CYLINDER 1 & 2 MISFIRE. WHATS NEXT - FUEL PUMP - THAT AIR SENSOR THING? I AM NOT A MECHANIC. MY HUSBAND INSTALLED THE COILS AND PLUGS. HE IS NOT A MECHANIC. CAN YOU HELP?

If you are still showing misfires on the cylinders that you have replaced the coils and plugs then you need to swap the plugs and coils to other cylinders and clear codes then see what codes come back. If misfire is still to the same cylinders then you need to do a compression test on all the cylinders to see if the engine has good compression. If you lost compression to the two cylinders then you may have blown the head gaskets between the two cylinders. You should have a cylinder leakage test done to see if there is a leak between cylinders. If there is then a head gasket needs to be replaced.

3. MY CAR HESITATES WHILE DRIVING & TAKES AWHILE TO SPEED UP