Q: My car hesitates to accelerate and won't upshift when i press down on the pedal hard.

My car will not accelerate when I press on the gas hard. Sometimes the check engine light come on when I reach about 60. I already had the spark plugs and oil change so I think it's the tranny. Also, the car stutters when I'm in drive at a stop light and start to accelerate. Please help!

If your check engine light has been on, then there will be some codes stored in the system. They might not tell you exactly what is wrong, but they can give you some good clues. There will probably at least be misfire codes. There are many things besides spark plugs that can lead to a misfire and hesitation so you need to have this thing checked out by a pro with the proper equipment. If you contact Your Mechanic, they will send a technician to your home or office to check out your Toyota and let you know what can be done for it.

3. My car hesitates to accelerate and won't upshift when i press down on the pedal hard.