Q: My car has trouble starting, it takes about two or three times turning the key for the car to actually turn on. About 10-20 minute

At first, my car busted a breather hose that was full of oil. We fixed the hose, the car sounded like a lawn mower. We replaced the oil pressure switch, the sound is gone and now has oil cycling through it again. But now, the car has trouble starting. It takes a couple of tries for the car to actually start, it'll be on for about 10-20 minutes and then stall out. It will not cut back on until an hour or so later. But as soon as the car turns on, it smells like gas but the smell goes away. Also, I noticed there's a couple of holes in the air intake. Could that have something to do with it?

Hi MacKenzie. Thanks for contacting us today. The air intake is the beginning of what I like to refer to as a "wind tunnel" for the engine. In order for air to efficiently flow into the throttle body to be mixed with fuel, the air intake needs to be clean, free of debris and without any holes. This can and often does cause the type of symptoms you are experiencing. However, other fuel system components like the mass air flow sensor, fuel injectors or EGR valve might also be damaged, contributing to your hard to start issue. It’s also possible that ignition system components like spark plugs, plug wires or a crankshaft position sensor might be loose or worn out. Since there are so many variables and possible sources to this issue, it’s probably best to have a professional mechanic come to your location to complete an onsite inspection. This will allow them to isolate the root issue and recommend the right repairs.

3. My car has trouble starting, it takes about two or three times turning the key for the car to actually turn on. About 10-20 minute