Q: My car has an S3 flashing light and the Check Engine Light is on

My gearshift is loose. I can still switch the gears but if I'm driving down the road and I rest my arm on it a little hard the gear will easily shift to another gear in which ever direction I move. Is this the reason why my check engine light come on and the gear s3 flashing light flashes? My car drives fine ..

Hello - the blinking S3 light and Check Engine Light is your transmission controller telling you it has a problem. The S3 light should be flashing a set number of times (1-13). The number of flashes indicates a specific problem with your transmission. Count the flashes, and consult an Acura technical manual for you model to know what’s wrong. I would recommend having a Check Engine Light is on inspection completed by a mobile, professional mechanic, such as one from YourMechanic, to diagnose this problem, get an accurate assessment of damage and cost estimate for repairs.

3. My car has an S3 flashing light and the Check Engine Light is on