Q: My car has an S3 flashing light and the Check Engine Light is on

My gearshift is loose. I can still switch the gears but if I'm driving down the road and I rest my arm on it a little hard the gear will easily shift to another gear in which ever direction I move. Is this the reason why my check engine light come on and the gear s3 flashing light flashes? My car drives fine ..

Hello - the blinking S3 light and Check Engine Light is your transmission controller telling you it has a problem. The S3 light should be flashing a set number of times (1-13). The number of flashes indicates a specific problem with your transmission. Count the flashes, and consult an Acura technical manual for you model to know what’s wrong. I would recommend having a Check Engine Light is on inspection completed by a mobile, professional mechanic, such as one from YourMechanic, to diagnose this problem, get an accurate assessment of damage and cost estimate for repairs.