Q: My car doesn't want to turn over at times unless I get a jump. Now when I try to turn it over it makes a clicking noise.

It makes aclicking noise when I try to turn it over. I think it's the starter

This is a common symptom of a faulty starter solenoid. The starter solenoid is located on the starter and has internal electrical contacts that transmit electricity to the starter. When this fails, it may cause a clicking sound and will not allow the starter to engage the flywheel when you turn the key. I would suggest having a professional from YourMechanic come to your home to diagnose your starter.

• My car doesn't want to turn over at times unless I get a jump. Now when I try to turn it over it makes a clicking noise.