Q: My brakes are not working, parking or standard,

When I pushed on the brakes there was a loud grinding noise, I had changed the brake pads within the past 6 months. Now when I push on the brakes they go all the way down, but my vehicle is not stopping, the parking brake failed as well. I put brake fluid but it leaked out around the tires.

Hi there:

If you have brake fluid that is leaking near the tires, your entire brake system will be rendered broken. The brake system depends on solid hydraulic pressure in order to effectively work. When brake fluid is leaking, one of the brake lines or other components is damages, which causes a reduction in hydraulic pressure. In order to fix this, you’ll have to contact a professional mechanic to complete a brake system inspection.