Q: My alternator has failed and now my car is dead

My alternator on my car was failed and a few days later my car has died. My battery and fuses are all good I check them all I just want to know and the cause

A: Let’s check the basics on this one. It seem...

Let’s check the basics on this one. It seems like you are saying the alternator died and was replaced with a new one. For the alternator and charging system to operate correctly, the battery must be tested and healthy and at least 75% charged. The correct electronic battery tester needed for this test is more than just a voltmeter. GM side-terminal battery cable connections must be very clean and tight for proper electrical connection. You should not be able to move your battery cables by twisting them. Check all the fuses even if they seem unrelated to this issue.

If none of these checks lead you to the problem, I recommend having a mechanic come out to diagnose your car. Training, experience, and more test equipment are usually necessary to troubleshoot automotive electrical issues. Good luck!