Q: My AC will not blow air.

My AC will not blow air through the vents, I can't hear the motor working either. The Climate control display does turn on and does display that the AC is on but it's just the air not flowing out of the vents. I replaced my AC system last summer, so it hasn't been that long since I've gotten it looked at. I tried running a diagnostic code with climate control by pressing auto and off buttons and the only thing I get is one under dash. I don't know if it is the blow motor or if it is the blow motor resistor or something else.

Hello, The blower moto resistor is what controls the speed of the motor rather than the power to the motor. This may be related to a faulty blower motor or blower motor relay. Occasionally, the blower motor itself will wear out or become faulty working intermittently as the brush contacts inside the motor wear out. The blower motor relay supplies power to this motor when you turn the switch to "on" that can sometimes fail. When this happens, you may notice that you will not feel anything blowing out of the vents at all. This may also cause the blower motor to work intermittently. I would suggest having an expert from YourMechanic come to your location to diagnose your vehicle’s blower motor system.

3. My AC will not blow air.