Q: my 98 Plymouth Grand Voyager expresso 3.3 liter V6 dies when I put it into gear what could cause this

I have a 98 Plymouth Grand Voyager expresso 3.3 liter V6 when I put it into any gear it jerks and dies on me will not drive what could be the cause of this

Hi There, Your vehicle has something called a neutral safety switch that will prevent the vehicle from starting when it is in any gear position other than park or neutral. Occasionally, this switch can malfunction causing the car to stall as soon as you put it into any gear. This switch usually also monitors gear selection data as well to transmit back to the computer. This switch is connected to the starter solenoid which allows it to complete the starter circuit only when the transmission is in park or neutral. I would suggest having a professional from YourMechanic come to your location to diagnose and inspect your vehicle.

• my 98 Plymouth Grand Voyager expresso 3.3 liter V6 dies when I put it into gear what could cause this