Q: My 2007 Ford Fusion RR turn signal/brake light is not working, but the regular tail light is. The bulb has been recently replaced

Mt Ford Fusions right rear turn signal/brake light is not working. The regular tail light works when the lights are turned on. I have attempted to reseat the bulb, and that will get the turn signal to work for a short while, but after driving it will no longer light up.

The Bulb was replaced approximately two months ago (1000 miles), and the battery was replaced three days ago.

What should I have done to fix this problem?

It sounds like you have narrowed the cause to a faulty bulb holder, although be sure the issue is not the bulb base, that is the tiny metal contacts on the base of the bulb. Typically, the bulb holder can be repaired without replacing it but the exact nature of the repair depends on what the circumstances are. The worst case scenario is a new bulb holder is installed; bulb holders of all types are very readily available though so that is not burdensome. If you desire that a repair be effected, or replacement as needed, please request an electrical component service appointment. If you request that service, the responding certified mechanic will get this diagnosed and resolved, right at your location. If you have further questions or concerns, do not hesitate to re-contact YourMechanic because we want you to make the most of your repair dollars and help you to get the best possible results.

3. My 2007 Ford Fusion RR turn signal/brake light is not working, but the regular tail light is. The bulb has been recently replaced