Q: my 2004 manual rx-8 has been having a distinct smell lately ive been told by my friends its my clutch at one point the car was rev

my 2004 manual rx-8 has been having a distinct smell lately ive been told by my friends its my clutch at one point the car was revving to high when i applied the gas and then stopped accelerating when i applied gas just revved the rpms when I parked it everything seemed fine however it wont move when i attempt to drive it it just revs the rpms

If the vehicle does not move, there are only a couple possibilities: 1) the shift linkage is broken and the vehicle happens to be stuck in neutral; or 2) the clutch has failed and thus the engine is not connected to the transmission. There are possible transmission faults, too, such as broken input shaft, but these are much less likely. To obtain a definitive diagnostic, and an explanation of your repair options and costs, you can request an inspection and the responding certified mechanic will get this diagnosed and resolved, right at your location. If you have further questions or concerns, do not hesitate to re-contact YourMechanic because we want you to make the most of your repair dollars and help you to get the best possible results.

3. my 2004 manual rx-8 has been having a distinct smell lately ive been told by my friends its my clutch at one point the car was rev