My 2001 Audi TT Quattro didn't want to engage first gear ...

Q: My 2001 Audi TT Quattro didn't want to engage first gear so I forced it in and I was stuck on first gear even if I clutch it won't

asked by on August 14, 2017

I had to move my Audi TT Quattro to park it on another location it was working perfectly fine until that moment I had to move it I when I had turn my vehicle on and put it try to put it on reverse the gear wouldn't go and so I forced it in and now it's stuck on first year and I put it on new Toronto still stuck in first gear what can the problem B I tried putting it in neutral and is there a chance for like if it's on gear none of the other gears go in what seems to be my problem please help

There are two possibilities: there is a clutch or clutch control (hydraulics, etc.) malfunction or the synchronizer and/or related assemblies in the transmission itself is faulty. To distinguish between the two and thence pinpoint the issue, the recommended service is a clutch system inspection. Even if the clutch turns out not to be the issue during that inspection, once that possibility were eliminated, the same responding mechanic would simply evaluate the transmission. If you request that service, the responding certified mechanic will get this taken care of for you. If you have further questions or concerns, do not hesitate to re-contact YourMechanic as we are always here to help you.