Q: My 1999 Toyota Camry won't start what might it be?

I was driving on the highway doing about 80mph and it just shut off. When I try to start it there is only a clicking noise but the radio, Windows, and all the lights still work. There is gas in the car. Upon observation I noticed there was no coolant in the car so I added some and let it sit a while thinking maybe it overheated but nothing. I m currently waiting to get a jump which hopefully helps, but if not I d like to know what I should do. Thanks

From what you’ve described, you most likely blew a head gasket. All the coolant is now in the engine causing it to lock up. Open up the oil cap and check the oil dip stick to see if oil is milky, due to coolant mixing with the oil.

If you’d like to get this fixed or simply want a second opinion on this, consider YourMechanic, as a certified technician will be able to diagnose your starting issue firsthand and help you fix it accordingly. Good luck.

3. My 1999 Toyota Camry won't start what might it be?