Q: Transmission problem?

my 06 dodge charger started making a whining sound, the transmission started to jerk when I tried to pull off. then the car wouldn't excellerate, its done this 3 months ago, I had the fluid changed and it started back driving, now its doing the same thing back again.

Hi There, It sounds like you may have a clogged transmission filter causing a reduction in fluid flow through the transmission or potentially a bad solenoid. As you know, automatic transmissions use pressurized hydraulic fluid to change gears. Every time a gear change is required, the car’s computer activates a transmission solenoid, which directs transmission fluid into the valve body to engage the correct gear. When this is faulty or not working properly, this can cause a delay in gear shifting or in some cases cause the car to not shift at all. This type of problem is amplified any time the transmission is low on fluid creating a drop in hydraulic pressure. I would recommend having a professional from YourMechanic come to your location to diagnose and inspect your vehicle.

3. Transmission problem?