My 06 Cadillac CTS display on the boad says 'Service anti...

Q: My 06 Cadillac CTS display on the boad says 'Service anti-theft system'. Is this something I need to take to a mechanic to check

asked by on August 21, 2017

My 06 Cadillac CTS display on the boad says 'Service anti-theft system'. Is this something I need to take to a mechanic to check?

Hello, thank you for writing in. The first thing you want to do is scan the vehicle for diagnostic codes. These will tell you what about the anti-theft system is causing issues. From there you will have to decide if the issue needs the attention of a mechanic or not. If the car starts and runs just fine, there is less chance that this is an issue that will disable the vehicle. However, security system issues can cause the vehicle to not start if the issue is going to get worse. You can seek help from a mechanic, as they can also scan the vehicle for you. However, if you are not sure if you need to go that far, have it scanned by a shop or at your local automotive parts store. Until that information is gathered, there is no way of knowing exactly what is going on with the system. For more help from out technicians, contact our service department to schedule an appointment.