Q: My 05 Chrysler300 5.7 hemi ran hot because my belt was loose and cranks but won't start

My car got hit and it knocked my belt lose so it ran hot the next day when i was goin to work. It was driving perfect so i cut it off for a while. I cranked it a couple minutes later and it cranked. Then i tried it again and it only cranks but wont start and it keeps draining the battery so everytime i try now ill have to charge the battery

A: If your belt isn't tight like it should...

If your belt isn't tight like it should be, your alternator probably isn't charging your battery properly. If it continues after you replace your belt, you may want to look into replacing your alternator. If your belt isn't tight even without driving, you may want to replace your tensioner pulley.

Your belt not being tight could possibly be the cause of the problems that are occurring. The first thing you will want to replace is the tensioner pulley and possibly the belt if there is any damage done. I recommend having a service technician, such as one from YourMechanic, replace the tensioner pulley and perform an inspection to find out if your alternator is performing the way it should.